Commentary & Media Appearances
Danielle L. Lupton. 2020. "Trump thought escalating the Iran crisis would solve it. That's not how escalation works." The Washington Post's Monkey Cage, January 8.
Valerie O. Morkevicius and Danielle L. Lupton. 2020. "Was the Killing of Qassem Soleimani Justified?" Political Violence @ A Glance, January 6.
Danielle L. Lupton and Valerie O. Morkevicius. 2019. "No, Trump probably won't start a war to divert from his difficulties. Here's what he'll do instead." The Washington Post's Monkey Cage, October 17.
Danielle L. Lupton. 2019. “D-Day would be nearly impossible to pull off today. Here’s why.” The Washington Post’s Monkey Cage, June 6.
Danielle L. Lupton, Valerie Morkevicius, and James Pattison. 2019. "Choosing an Ethical and Effective Response to Russian Aggression in Ukraine." Political Violence @ A Glance, March 4.
Danielle L. Lupton. 2017. “Having fewer veterans in Congress makes it less likely to restrain the president’s use of force.” The Washington Post’s Monkey Cage, November 10.
Danielle L. Lupton, Roseanne McManus, and Keren Yarhi-Milo. 2017. “Trump is trying to send North Korea a message. He’s got a long way to go.” The Washington Post’s Monkey Cage, April 26.
Danielle L. Lupton. 2017. “Deterring North Korea: Understanding the Options and Challenges.” Political Violence @ A Glance, April 5.
Danielle L. Lupton and Peter Feaver. 2016. “Voices Carry: How Careless Campaign Bombast Can Undo Administrations.” Foreign Policy, May 16.
Danielle L. Lupton. 2016. “Lessons in Failure: Libya Five Years Later.” Political Violence @ A Glance, April 15.
Television, Radio/Podcast, and Print Interviews
- The New York Times, "Flights In and Out of Tehran Continued After Missile Strikes and Plane Crash," by Lauren Leatherby, Denise Lu, Anjali Singhvi, James Glanz, and Niraj Chokshi, January 2020.
- Military.com, "28 Hot Congressional Races Veterans are Trying to Win in the Midterms," by Gina Harkins, November 2018.
- Military.com, "More Veterans Could Be Headed to Public Office. Here's What They Bring to Government," by Gina Harkins, November 2018.
- Roll Call, "Veterans Still Outpace Civilians in Congress, but Declines Continue," by Stephanie Akin, November 2018.
- War on the Rocks, Warcast , “The Reputational Effects of the Syria Strikes,” April 2018.
- CNN, Live interview with Michael Smerconish, “With Fewer Veterans in Office, Congress Cedes War Powers,” April 2018.
- POTUS: Politics of The United States Radio Show on Sirius XM, Live interview with Michael Smerconish, April 2018.
- The New York Times, “Did the World Get Aung San Suu Kyi Wrong?” by Max Fisher and Amanda Taub, October 2017.
- The Colgate Maroon News, “Trump Orders Attack on Syrian Base Following Attack,” by Annie McDonough, April 2017.
Additional Media Coverage of Research
- War on the Rocks, "A Guide to Getting Real on Iran," by Aaron Stein, January 2020.
- JSTOR Daily, "D-Day, Cricket Grounds, and Modern Lesbians," by the JSTOR Daily Editors, June 2019.
- Bloomberg.com, "Yes, Iowa and New Hampshire Still Matter," by Jonathan Bernstein, June 2019.
- The Florida Times-Union, "Sunday Editorial: Marine Corps hero receives Medal of Honor," by The Florida Times-Union, November 2018
- U.S. Army War College, "Periodical Articles for Current Awareness," by Travis Ferrell, June 2018.
- NPR, "Matter of Fact: Dan Ward Mostly True on Congressional Veterans Claim," by Warren Fiske, May 2018.
- Congressional Research Service, "Women in Congress: Statistics and Brief Overview" by CRS, May 2018.
- The Houston Chronicle, “As Texas veterans decline in Congress, former soldiers step up recruiting,” by Jeremy Wallace, April 2018.
- National Affairs, "Storied Institutions," by Kevin Lewis, November 2017.
- National Affairs, "War Games," by Kevin Lewis, March 2017.